An outbreak of hantavirus, which has Argentina and Chile in tension, and that which has already taken life of Russia ten peopleby turning on warning lamps in the local and national healthcare system restrict the flash and prevent the spread of the disease.
However, the virus, its symptoms and preventive measures are not daily for the whole society. That is why the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the nation issued a number of details into consideration for the time of prevention of any type of infection, the one that we will detail further:
What it is?
Gantvirus is a severe acute viral disease caused by the Hunt virus. Wild mice (mostly long bumps) pass it on to humans, eliminating the virus in saliva, feces and urine.
How is it transmitted?
- Inhalation: Occurs when we breathe in open or closed areas (sheds, gardens, meadows), where feces or urine of infected rodents release a virus that contaminates the environment.
- In direct contact: by contacting infected live or dead rodents, or feces or urine of these rodents.
- Behind the bites of infected rodents.
- Through interpersonal: it can be transmitted between people through close contact with an infected person in the early days of the symptoms, through the airways.
What are the symptoms?
Symptoms resemble influenza-like state: fever, malaise pain, chills, headaches, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea. A few days later, a respiratory distress may develop, which may be aggravated by producing what is known as "hantavirus cardiopulmonary syndrome", which can lead to death if a person is not hospitalized on time.
How can this be prevented?
- Avoid co-existence with rodents and contact with their secretions.
- Do not allow rodents to enter or make nests in homes.
- Close holes in doors, walls and pipes.
- Clean (floors, walls, doors, tables, drawers and cabinets) with one part of the bleach, each with nine water (leave it for 30 minutes and then rinse). Wet the floor before sweeping, to avoid dust.
- Place gardens and firewood more than 30 meters away from homes, cut grass and drill to a radius of 30 meters around the house.
- Ventilate at least 30 minutes before you get into enclosed areas (houses, sheds).
- When camping, finish with drills and dumps, do not sleep directly on the ground and consume drinking water.
- If a live rodent is found: use poison for rodents or traps to grab it (do not try to touch it or hit it). Contact the municipality if there is a pest control service available.
- If a dead rodent is found: spray it with bleach with all that may have been in contact and wait at least 30 minutes. Then lift it with gloves and bury it with a depth of more than 30 cm or write it down.
- People who have symptoms of a disease should quickly contact a health care facility for advice and avoid contact with other people.