Essen (APA / Reuters) – Thyssenkrupp does not disregard further financial risks due to the deterrent barrier that exists in the steel sector. First of all, the current procedure must be expected, said Donatus Kaufmann Compliance Board in an interview with "Rheinische Post" (Saturday edition).
"We really can not exclude further risks to net assets, financial position and consequences of operations." More than a week ago, Thyssenkrupp acknowledged that he had already dropped his annual targets for the last financial year 2017/18 (from the end of September) due to the anti-help cases. to have lost. The provisions should not be misunderstood as a confession, says Kaufmann. He did not want to comment on the height. The process has recently won momentum. Thyssenkrupp had developed his own investigation with an external law company. "So we came to the conclusion that the likelihood of an event of more than 50 per cent is possible," explained the background to the provisions. Bundeskartellamt investigations to the heavy plate and specialized steel product groups have been ongoing for some time.
As a result of the procedure, Kaufmann can imagine the withdrawal of the Wirtschaftsvereinigung Stahl. "It has been clear to us for a long time that there is an increasing risk of confronting conflicts at society meetings. After all, competitors meet there." The society has therefore amended and modified the statutes . Now it is important to follow the new rules as well. "If not, we'll draw conclusions." But leaving the society is the Ultima Ratio. Thyssenkrupp was the target of the office and the cartel several times.
The CEO of the Group, Guido Kerkhoff, who has been taking over as CEO for around four months, presents the balance sheet for the last financial year 2017/18 on Wednesday.
~ ISIN DE0007500001 WEB http://www.thyssenkrupp.com/en/~ APA049 2018-11-17 / 08: 15