On Friday, a 28-year-old man from Sydney disappeared from the complications of eight-year mouse mouse infection after he contracted the microscopic parasite by eating a common garden slug on the gap.
According to the Australian News.com output, Sam Ballard had been living with significant brain damage when the lung mouse is a type of round luck called Angiostrongylus cantonensis, emigrated from digestive to central nervous system.
A. cantonensis I'm getting across South East Asia and Pacific Ocean. As the name might suggest, the worms evolved a string to complete its life cycle in the pulmonary arteries, but by contacting food or water that has contaminated with the rats of the mice, the organism can make his way into people. In normal circumstances, the first stage larvae covers the eye lungs and makes their way to the bowel, and they are excluded from the environment . Back in the soil, the larvae and their intermediaries are infected – snails and slugs. After two months of maturation in the molluscs, a mature third phase larvae is ready to attack a new frustrated, and they will have to do it if one eats their unfortunate interactive host.
But if they end in human intestines instead, the third phase larvae can weaken smoke and try to concentrate themselves. In cases where A. cantonensis stays in the digestive tract, inflammation can be caused with symptoms similar to supplement.
In other cases, the worms can "lose, and go to the brain, and stay there," said Heather Stockdale Walden, an assistant professor in the Department of Infectious Diseases and Pathology at the University of Florida, at CNN. "When you reach the brain, you can get ethenophilic meningitis." This condition includes the inflammation of the membranes that surround the spinal cord and the brain.