The campaign against the Ebola epidemic in the Beni region of the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo has resumed after a short suspension as a result of armed conflict, published by the World Health Organization on Sunday (WHO). "Sunday, all activities, including vaccination, were renewed," says the WHO in a statement.
On Saturday, the Ministry of Health Congolese said the fight against the Ebola epidemic in Beni had been suspended against the armed conflict of the day before, "a few meters of the Center of Emergency and Crisis Operations where a number of teams have homes ".
On Friday, UN peacekeepers in the United Nations Mission in Congo (MONUSCO) rejected a new disorder attributed to the ADF armed group "after several hours of conflicts" in the Boikene neighborhood, on the northern entrance of Beni, the Congolese Ministry of Health.
The Allied Democratic Forces (ADF), who have dropped hundreds of civilians since 2014 and killed at least seven peaceful peace this week in conflicts, want to "attack one of the Monusco centers", according this official Congolese document. .
On Sunday, two civilians were killed in an ADF attack in Mukoko, 36 km north of Beni, said the source of civil society.
The WHO recalled that sixteen of staff in Beni had to be moved to Goma, another area in the eastern DRC, for psychological care. A shell that was not exploded touched the villa they occupied on Friday.
Dr. Michel Yao, coordinator of the Ebola virus battle in Beni, told AFP on Saturday that there were no injuries and he did not know if the shell came from a UN police camp, the Congolese army or rebels.
Since it was eroded on August 1, the Ebola cause of Beni has killed 213 people.
"WHO will continue to work alongside the Ministry of Health (Health Congolese) and our partners to give up this case from Ebola," said Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director General WHO in a statement released on Sunday. , argues "the continuing threats to the safety of those who still work to finish".