Haakon Fredriksen (18 years old) hopes to become the European champion in motocross in 2021. But after an accident at a training session on Saturday, he is now sitting at home with both hands in a cast.
– I feel relatively well – but somewhat limited, having both hands in plaster, – says the motorcycle talent VG.
The skier of the national team is ready for the French team BUD for 2021. The goal is to become European champion this year and travel to America next year.
– I trained with the team on the track near my place of residence in the south-west of France. During the second session, the motorcycle spun on the climb with a big jump. I came a few inches too short and felt both wrists smoking all over the area at the wheel of the bike, says Haakon Fredriksen.
Malene (27) and Elias (22) Norwegian heroes in the USA: – Ha’kke ord
– I lay for about an hour waiting for a doctor and an ambulance. I was in a lot of pain. Then I was taken to a hospital in Dax and operated on Saturday night.
– Now here is Norway and get some rest before I start exercising as much as my body allows me to maintain physical shape and strength.
“When can you come back?”
– The goal is to be as ready as possible for the first round of the European Championship, which takes place in England 26-27. June.
Motocross is a motorsport in which a cross-country bike rides on its own tracks with soil, sand or similar surfaces.
– My dream is to ride a supercross in the USA. So far, no Norwegian has done so, says the 18-year-old, who won a bronze medal at the European Championships with the Italian team in 2020.
Fredriksen has ridden a Yamaha in recent years, but in 2021 it will be Kawasaki on the BUD team.