Thursday , April 15 2021

Mushroom Poisoning / First Aid How should it be?



Infectious Diseases and Languages ​​Microbiology Hospitals University of Istanbul Okan Dr. Nail Özgüneş was recently notified against more fungal poisoning.

Mushroom poisoning, excessiveness, excess, low blood pressure, blurred vision, face and throat flush, a taste of metal tasting in the mouth, nausea, vomiting and sweating within 2 hours following the fungus attack. vomiting, diarrhea, fever, palpitations, abdominal pain, kidney liver function disorders, such as the symptoms of the fungus due to the type of fungus. To distinguish between toxic and non-toxic species in the wild, it is even difficult for people who are knowledgeable. If there is a sample of unsuitable cork or joints of the patient, it can be sent to a mushroom science specialist (mycology) to analyze. Toxic mushrooms cause vomiting and abdominal pain, other prominence varies significantly by type of fungus. Mushrooms that cause early (within 2 hours) to arms are less dangerous and those that cause symptoms (usually after 6 hours). he says.

Amanita Phalloides is the most toxic Amanita fungus, which accounts for 95 percent of mushroom poisoning deaths. The first gastrointitis that can occur between 6 and 12 hours after being taken seriously, and hypoglycemia can occur ( reduce blood sugar), later, the failure of liver and sometimes renal failure develops. Primary care includes close monitoring for hypoglycaemia and doses of potentially repetitive active coal. Treating the failure of the liver can be obtained liver transplantation, other specific treatments will not be approved. "Expressions used.

What should be the first aid in mushroom poisoning?

Özgüneş provided the following information about how first aid should be in mushroom poisoning:

"If the person has general complaints such as swallowing, vomiting and diarrhea, we should ask if he has eaten mushrooms in the hours and last days and does not eat mushroom in the same way at home or in the same way and if there are similar individuals.

Let's calm down, let's calm down.

– We will never make the vomit man.

– Let us not give the person the oral / fluid food, because yogurt and foods like water make the patient fight.

– If the person is unconscious and vomiting, let's put his food to lungs.

– Let the ambulance go to the nearest emergency room. "

Özgüneş said that sometimes treatment may be needed and that treatment is symptomatic and supportive of most mushroom poisoning.

Özgüneş said that it could be useful to use charcoal for absorption restriction, but has tried a number of anti-botanical treatments for amanita species, but noted that it is not positive.

In summary, mushroom poisoning continues to be a serious health problem in our country. As always suggested, the most effective treatment method is to protect. If we need to eat it completely, then we take the culture mushroom authors in the pack, although these are rare, toxins can be seen. In the market, it looks at the fungus that is sold and to be skeptical. Many types of mushrooms cause toxic when it is stimulated. Symptoms vary by species. Species are difficult to identify, so treatment is usually symptom-led. "in the form. (İLKHAN A)


Source link